 Off-Topic / Geek / 3698
Re: question about the metric system
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 6 May 2002 12:13:56 GMT

mattdm@mattdm.org (Matthew Miller) writes:

I remember reading something in one of my dad's (surely totally
unbiased) woodworking magazines a while ago about how wooden
cutting boards are actually better than plastic ones -- the plastic
boards get little cuts all over where the bacteria dig in and live
happily, whereas bacteria that get into the wood are largely killed
by natural antibacterials in the wood itself.

I've heard the samme comment myself.  I think it sounds plausible, but
I can't say for sure...

Fredrik
--
http://folk.uio.no/fredrigl/technic/