 Off-Topic / Geek / 1908
Re: Here's looking at Euclid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Wed, 2 Aug 2000 19:50:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, David Eaton writes:

I have the coordinates of the points, so am I correct in thinking I can
calculate X?

Nope... again, not unless you know something else (like how many verticies
there are in between the two points).

D'oh!  I should have specified that the two points are vertices of a single
side of the octagon; I'm sure of that much!

  Am I on the right track here?  Assuming that the side of the inscribed
octagon is 10 units long, I'm calculating the circumference to be about
82.06.  Close?

     Dave!