 Off-Topic / Geek / 1898
Re: Here's looking at Euclid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 18:16:44 GMT

David Eaton <deaton@intdata.com> wrote:
Anyway, sorry to bore the non-math types, but assuming that you mean distance
along the circumference, yes, you can. (But if you don't know if it's the
minimal or maximal distance between the points, you may get two answers-- note
above I assumed minimal distance)

You sure about that? Let's say I have a basketball and a baseball. I use a
bit of string to make two dots one inch apart on both of them. Are the two
balls now the same size?

--
Matthew Miller                     --->                 mattdm@mattdm.org
Quotes 'R' Us                    --->              http://quotes-r-us.org/