 Off-Topic / Fun / 5685
5684  |  5686
Subject:
Here's looking at Euclid
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 16:32:15 GMT

Since I haven't had geometry in a zillion years, I'm ill-equipped to solve a
little dilemma I've run across, and I thought a few of the more math-minded
among us might be able to help.  Here goes:

  Given two points on a circle, can one compute the diameter of the circle if
the distance between the two points is known?  How would one do so?
  In the name of mercy, please keep it simple in accordance with my mathless
brain, but I appreciate any help you folks can give!

   Thanks in advance,
      Dave!