 Off-Topic / Geek / 1687
Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 16:32:44 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Matthew Miller writes:
Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote:
I think SCSI on just about any machine you might use for most things in a
personal way is a waste.  At least it isn't a ridiculously expensive waste

Specifically, people code or do graphics work -- for personal stuff, even --
and really _can_ benefit from scsi.

Can benefit some, yes.  And I guess at that point those people need to make a
cost-benefit analysis as to whether they think it is worth it to shell out the
still large amount of money to go SCSI.  And if they think it is really worth
it, great.  I waste a lot of money and I still don't.

Saying SCSI provides more performance without dealing with the pretty hefty
cost differences is as unclear as saying IDE performs just as well.  :)