 Off-Topic / Geek / 1677
Re: Desktops with SCSI RAM?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 26 May 2000 00:52:43 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, John Morgan writes:
Perhaps you are talking about a SCSI RAM drive ? this is a SCSI DVD RAM
Recorder .....I have never heard of SCSI RAM as in SCSI accessed RAM Memory
modules.. but I have seen SCSI DVD RAM drives ....They use thier own version
of

   In the olden days before processors could address massive amounts of
RAM, you could get cards and external peripherals that contained dynamic
volatile RAM on a SCSI interface that would behave like very fast disk.
It was used for video processing temporary storage where the volatility
was not an issue.

   Cheers,
           tomnap@bersama.net