 Off-Topic / Geek / 1514
Re: Horizontal scrolling while posting? (was: Re: whoop de doo)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 18:26:50 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Xfered from admin.general.....

In lugnet.admin.general, Matthew Miller writes:
Kevin Salm <kdsalm@dreamscape.com> wrote:
Beginning to sound like I bought a cheap monitor.....
Monitor is AOC Spectrum model 7Vlr  17 inch
  14-pin VGA connector
  manufactured 2/99  purchased 5/99

Well, honestly, it's not the best monitor out there. But:
<http://www.epius.com/4V-right.htm> has some specifications [1]:

17" (16.0" visible) w/ .28mm Dot Ptich
VESA, XGA, SVGA, VGA Compatible
VESA 85Hz Refresh Rate Preset [2]
1280x1024 maximum resolution

So I'd say you're not using it to its full potential.

Thanks a ton Matthew.  I am now set at 1280x1024 with my browser fonts just
where I want them and everything is most excellent.

Re-installing ATI Rage did not help.  However, the website for my monitor's
manufacturer http://www.epius.com had the drivers I needed.  A quick download
and a few tweaks in Windows Display Settings made everything work well.  I am
now quite happy and will not have to consider another monitor for a while now.

The website was not the greatest, as you pointed out, but whenever I encounter
frames, I simply open the frame into a new browser window for full-size
viewing.  Their instructions in a readme.txt file (actually Win95.txt) included
with the download contained the necessary steps and keystrokes needed to make
everything work.  I give them a high score for this as most technical support
efforts fail in this regard, IMO.

I will now be able to enjoy the full benefits of my monitor.  If only the web
address of my monitor's manufacturer had been available to me before I could
have done this all a year ago.

Thanks again.

__Kevin Salm__