 Administrative / General / 6032
Re: Readable text fonts for screen editing (was: Horizontal scrolling...)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.publish
Date:
Tue, 11 Apr 2000 03:43:33 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Todd Lehman <lehman@javanet.com> writes:
Ahh, good point.  I used Terminal 6pt for everything in the old days,
but that was before +128 was a big deal.  I'd forgotten about the
character set of Terminal.

I use 8 pt. Fixedsys (the font Notepad uses) for email, html editting and
other applications which require a fixed width font.  It's very easy to
read, easier than Terminal, IMO, and much easier than Courier, which is
usually too light-weight.  It's also one of the few fonts, like Terminal,
in which you can instantly tell a 0 from an O.  It has most (if not all)
of the +128...
but that means you can't draw pictures like you can with Terminal :)
--Bram