 Off-Topic / Geek / 1133
Re: Ripping Vinyl to Digital
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Thu, 3 Feb 2000 20:11:50 GMT

So far, it's going alright.  The sound is acceptable, although a bit muffled.
I'll have to play with GoldWave's EQ, to see if I can fix things up either pre-
or post-recording.  I haven't burned a CD yet.  Because I don't have that many
MP3 files, and because I'm cheap enough to wait for a really good deal on CD-Rs.

sounds pretty good... let me know if you're able to clear up the muffled bit
with the EQ, i've got some vinyl to rip, but i've been concerned with the
quality.

as far as cdrs are concerned, having had to purchase many for my collection, if
you want jewel cases (like i do, though i have no good reason to do so, since i
keep the cds in a caselogic folder) anyway... outpost.com i think i got like 50
for $60 (there may have been a coupon involved) with free overnight shipping...

it was about as close to instant gratification as i could possibly get without
leaving my chair :)  now all they need is to carry toys :)