 Off-Topic / Geek / *5085 (-20)
  Re: off topic computer problem----HELP

Maybe this setting has change, in you browser window, on the drop down options at the top, goto "View" then "Text Size" and alter the setting there. Hope this helps. Gaz. "ondrew hartigan" <roj2323@yahoo.com> wrote in message (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: off topic computer problem----HELP

(...) It could just be that IE's text size setting has been changed. Go to the view menu in IE and check the Text Size sub-menu. Medium is what it is normally set to. It could have got changed by accident. If you hold down the CTRL key on the (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  off topic computer problem----HELP

Hey all, First I would like to apologize for posting this here but this is the only group of computer programmers and such that I know. MY problem is actually quite odd. All fonts on yahoo, bricklink, brickshelf, lugnet.... are HUGE. Normally with (...) (19 years ago, 2-Oct-05, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: "Square Ghost Cafe"

(...) I think I've finally found out what was wrong (see RTL for a detailed description, if you're curious). Now even MSIE should have access to the web-pages. Play well, Jacob (19 years ago, 25-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Chuckle

(...) Yeah, I agree. I got it from an email from my brother-in-law. Shoot, if I'd known it was up on the web I'd have simply linked to it instead of taking 5 minutes to clean it up to post here... I'm pretty sure that you and I paid for that piece (...) (19 years ago, 23-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek, FTX)

  Re: Chuckle

(...) That's quite the meme there... (URL) first 50 links all appear to be just about word for word repeats of this story if you just go by the result excerpts the page results show (maybe more but that was about as deep as I was willing to go!) (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Chuckle

Subject: New discovery....heaviest element known to science! A major research institution has recently announced the discovery of the heaviest element yet known to science. The new element has been named "Governmentium." Governmentium has 1 neutron, (...) (19 years ago, 22-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Content-negotiation problems? (Was: "Square Ghost Cafe")

(...) But both Safari and IE having the same error in the content-negotiation? I suspect that the problem may be that Apache and/or Safari and IE aren't designed correctly for handling content-negotiation of textual documents with the character (...) (19 years ago, 15-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: "Square Ghost Cafe"

(...) I'm guessing that maybe IE isn't doing content-negotiation correctly? Anyone with IE and a sniffer handy that can tell us what the headers look like on the request? (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: "Square Ghost Cafe"

(...) It's not just Safari. When trying either of the above links on IE running on WinXP, you get the option to save the file or cancel. You don't even get the choice to open. This works to get you to what I assume is the same place: (URL) Hafner (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: "Square Ghost Cafe"

(...) Wierd. I get similar results on both URLs: % lynx -dump -head (URL) Wed, 14 Sep 2005 13:33:36 GMT Server: Apache/2.0.54 (Debian GNU/Linux) Content-Location: index.en.html Vary: negotiate,accept,acc...t-language TCN: choice Last-Modified: Mon, (...) (19 years ago, 14-Sep-05, to lugnet.town, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Technical help, Please.

You mention Bell - so that means Sympatico. Are you using their Access Manager software, or the thing built into XP (if you are using XP) for rPPPoE? In either case, a better solution is to but a cheap router like this one here (URL) is available (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Technical help, Please.

(...) Thanks Dave, I will try new drivers and see if that makes a difference, if not, maybe a new card is just what I need. Thanks for the advice. (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Technical help, Please.

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote: <snip> (...) It could be as simple as getting the right drivers for the nic card--I know that when I had my webcam installed on my server, I went with subtly different drivers that, everytime i (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Technical help, Please.

Hi guys, I am hoping someone can help me with an technical conflict I am experiencing between my XP/highspeed service. (Yes I have read their webpage, the faq, the help section, and called technical "support".) Okay, so here is the problem, often (...) (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Recommendations for Media PC OS?

(...) Does anyone have any experience with MoviX ((URL) ((URL) Womp ((URL) sounds like these should run without a hard drive?...that would be pretty convenient. --Bram (19 years ago, 12-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Recommendations for Media PC OS?

(...) You could try movix. (URL) fairly minimal. (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Recommendations for Media PC OS?

(...) Heh - missed that part. I would still work, and you could easily disable the two TV-related menu items... But there's bound to be something smaller for what you're looking for. (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Recommendations for Media PC OS?

(...) --Bram (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Recommendations for Media PC OS?

(...) It might be the expected answer, but I'm really really happy with MythTV: (2 URLs) linux would do, and you don't need to know anything about it to set it up - I just followed this guide, word for word: (URL) Dan Boger dan@peeron.com (19 years ago, 11-Sep-05, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact