 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14616
Re: Technical help, Please.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:05:19 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:

<snip>

Thanks for your time,
Janey "Red X, Brick"

It could be as simple as getting the right drivers for the nic card--I know that
when I had my webcam installed on my server, I went with subtly different
drivers that, everytime i restarted, I'd have to do exactlky what you did--go
into hardware manager and get rid of the red 'x'.

after I downloaded the correct drivers, no worries at all.

if you can't get the proper drivers for the network interface, scoot over to
your local computer store and get another card--they should be relatively
inexpensive.  or wait until the next rtl event and i'll give you a 3COM 905
card--they work in all systems.

Dave K

Thanks Dave,

I will try new drivers and see if that makes a difference, if not, maybe a new
card is just what I need.

Thanks for the advice.