 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14617
Re: Technical help, Please.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:37:22 GMT

You mention Bell - so that means Sympatico.  Are you using their
Access Manager software, or the thing built into XP (if you are using
XP) for rPPPoE?

In either case, a better solution is to but a cheap router like this
one here
http://ww.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10063871&catid=10495
that is available at futureshop for $9.95 after the in store and mail
in rebates.

(or splurge and go wireless for $29.99 after all rebates
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?sku_id=0665000FS10045827&catid=19994)

It will give you some additional security as well.

-Rob A>