 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14615
Re: Technical help, Please.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:02:49 GMT

In lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, C. L. GunningCook wrote:
Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me with an technical conflict I am experiencing
between my XP/highspeed service.

The service techs at Bell say that it is a conflict with XP that keeps disabling
that and I have asked them for ways to avoid this conflict, but no one seems

It's not a conflict with your high speed service, it's a problem with your PC.

Okay, I totally buy that, this PC is a piece of garbage and frustrates me on the
best of days. For the record,  I was just repeating what the tech guy told me, I
have no clue, but I'm sure they have standard lines just to end the call.  I
asked, because Im curious to why its happening, and can't seem to find the
actual "trigger" since sometimes its totally fine and other times, it needs to
be enabled.

Officially, you should call your PC vendor (eg, Dell, Compaq, guy down the
street) and ask them why this is happening.

Yes, part of the problem is I purchased from a huge office supply store some distance away that has untrained employees pushing merchandise out the door, and their level of technical knowledge often is lower than mine, (yeah, I know, shocking!)  So while that is probably the best and most sound advice in most cases, my efforts in getting help from them has be futile.   I believe their actually words were "dunno"...  Which is why of course, I turned to you all.

It sounds like another device is impinging on perhaps an IRQ of the existing
Ethernet adapter.

Ok, back that one up, is there a way to trouble shoot that to know for sure?

Did you add something recently before this started happening
or did it always work like this?

I just recently got my highspeed, and it worked brilliantly for 15 days (and I
was in bliss), and then a few issues cropped up.  Since the time it was working,
and now, I have not installed or changed anything (hardware or software) aside
from a download of "googletalk" (because I just don't have enough places to
chat!)

Janey "Curious Red Brick"