 Organizations / Canada / rtlToronto / 14605
14604  |  14606
Subject:
Technical help, Please.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 12 Sep 2005 14:02:19 GMT

Hi guys,

I am hoping someone can help me with an technical conflict I am experiencing
between my XP/highspeed service.

(Yes I have read their webpage, the faq, the help section, and called technical
"support".)

Okay, so here is the problem, often when I turn on my machine, my high speed
service will NOT connect. I end up getting a 769 error because magically my
Ethernet Adapter becomes disabled by some XP conflict.  OF course, the solution
is an easy one, but it is becoming tedious to have to do.  I am wondering if
anyone can help me solve this in a more permanent way.

Here is the issue, when I can't connect, this is how ~I~ solve it.
I go to my network adapters (control panel / systems / hardware / device manager
/ network adapters)
Once I am there, and hit the + sign, I see the tell tale red X on my "SiS
900-based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter".  At that time, I click on it, and enable
it for the millionth time.

The service techs at Bell say that it is a conflict with XP that keeps disabling
that and I have asked them for ways to avoid this conflict, but no one seems to
know.... But there must be a way around this, which is why I have come to you,
seeking geek advice.

Anyone??? Calum??? Dave??? Bueller?  Bueller???

Thanks for your time,
Janey "Red X, Brick"