 Off-Topic / Geek / *3085 (-20)
  Re: Some Lego buying stats

(...) Well, I guess that I will add to this. I live in a different part of the country than Maggie, but I imagine that there is a general multiplier somewhere that you could use to adjust for different regions in the US. Mortgage (includes insurance (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Some Lego buying stats

(...) Wow!.. A really big wow!.. When considering our income levels (me and my wife can only make around 15000 USD/year, both being engineers) it looks amazing. What I'm wondering is what kind of a living you could buy with 40-50000 USD/year. For (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Some Lego buying stats

(...) Here is what a teacher in the Fairfield Suisun Unified School District in Northern California can currently expect to make (I choose this example because they are currently on strike and their salaries are a public issue). A starting teacher (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Internet Explorer help

"Duane Hess" <DNJHESS@ZDNETMAIL.COM> wrote in message news:GEMsu6.Cx8@lugnet.com... (...) morning, (...) First thing I always try with a flaky IE is a repair - go to Add/Remove Programs, click on IE5.5 and hit Add/Remove button, choose the Repair (...) (23 years ago, 11-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: 2nd Potter poster image

Sorry Shiri...I don't do the whole Macintosh/Windows flame war thing. After all, they are ALL personal computers, no matter the processor/OS/etc. in the box. I just prefer to work WITH my computer, not ON it. I see Macs as tools, there to get the (...) (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: 2nd Potter poster image

(...) Hagagaga-wha? Gosh, gotta love those macs for *something*, right? <grin, duck and run> -Shiri (who actually does love macs for some things. They just happen to be the less important ones.) XFUT .o-t.geek (23 years ago, 10-Jun-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How do I print a File Directory

Thanks guys. I wouldn't call myself computer illiterate, but I really only work on a user-interface (correct term?) Your expertise is extremely helpful! Markus (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Some Lego buying stats

(...) The mechanical engineer in automotive with 3-4 years experience would earn about 45,000 to 65,000 I would say. New grad engineers start in the 45,000 range. Engineers with 5-8 years experience will be in the 55,000 to 75,000 range. Above 8 (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Internet Explorer help

OK, I'm out of ideas here and was wondering if any of you could help. I have a problem with Internet Explorer flaking out on me. It usually does pretty well until I get to a site that uses Java. It will act like it is looking for the link and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How do I print a File Directory

(...) In addition to the more-than-adequate suggestions already made in this thread, I'd like to suggest an option that's probably more than you need. The graphics viewer ACDSee, of which one version is available here: (URL) a "get directory (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: How do I print a File Directory

(...) Good old days of DOS..:-) Selçuk (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

"Markus Wolf" <croutons@usa.net> wrote in message news:GEMBMy.5uu@lugnet.com... (...) Go to a DOS prompt, navigate to the directory and redirect the dir command output to either prt or a text file: dir>dirname.txt then print the file using notepad, (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  How do I print a File Directory

Can anyone tell me how I can print a file directory? I suddenly have the need, but I've never done it before. I thought it was just a simple point and click deal on Windows Explorer but the function isn't there. I can usually figure this sort of (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Some Lego buying stats

Hi guys, Just like to know what is the conditions of living in US. For example, what amount an engineer (a common one, say a mechanical engineer working in a production facility, say automotive industry, with an experience of 3-4 years), a (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jun-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: free cad software

(...) You might try one of (URL). (23 years ago, 7-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: PostScript/EPS (was Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted)

Wow! Thanks for that info Matt. (and thanks to Dan Boger who sent me a note offline) PS/EPS are nifty. I can see the value in using PS or EPS when *you* are the image source. But I still have a question about its use as the payload carrier for (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  PostScript/EPS (was Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted)

Hey Off-Topic Geeks! (esp. Larry, since he asked!) I was going to highlight some of the cool stuff about the format, but the doc below pretty much covers it all. Most important to me is overall workflow (and I have put myself into a complete PS (...) (23 years ago, 5-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

(...) Why is EPS a good choice for images? I thought it was a bit chatty? I had always assumed that BMP was the best format if image size was no object because it's lossless (although bloated sizewise). But it just uses 256 (or 16M or whatever) (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  Re: Scans of My Own Train Stickers Wanted

Whoops...off-topic.geek for the printing stuff, off-topic.debate for the legal stuff? Wherever! (...) (23 years ago, 4-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

  free cad software

Does anyone know of any good and free cad sofware for windows(or linux)? I have an idea for something and I would like to try to draw out some plans. -chris ps. it's been >9 years since i touched a cad program so i'm not sure what type of learning (...) (23 years ago, 2-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.geek)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact