 Off-Topic / Geek / 3083
Re: Some Lego buying stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 15:12:47 GMT

In lugnet.general, Selçuk Göre writes:
Hi guys,

Just like to know what is the conditions of living in US. For example,
what amount an engineer (a common one, say a mechanical engineer working
in a production facility, say automotive industry, with an experience of
3-4 years), a worker/technician (with the similar properties) earn per
year. And what kind of jobs earn 10000-20000 USD, 40000-50000 USD and
around 100000 USD per year.

Here is what a teacher in the Fairfield Suisun Unified School District in
Northern California can currently expect to make (I choose this example because
they are currently on strike and their salaries are a public issue).  A
starting teacher makes in the $30,000-40,000 range depending on education.  A
midrange teacher makes about 50,000 while an upper range teacher (many
years, graduate degree(s)) makes in the low 60,000's.

My children's elementary school principal with about thirty years in education
(she is NOT in the FSUSD) was making $84,000 three years ago-- I suspect she
makes a bit more today.

Engineers in Northern California make substantially more than school teachers.

Maggie C.