 Off-Topic / Geek / 3087
Re: Some Lego buying stats
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Tue, 12 Jun 2001 16:55:11 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.geek, Maggie Cambron writes:
Here is what a teacher in the Fairfield Suisun Unified School District in
Northern California can currently expect to make...
My soon-to-be wife (6 weeks!) is currently looking for employment in a
school in the Central Kentucky area, so I have some numbers from that for a
comparison.

starting teacher makes in the $30,000-40,000 range
Here,  a starting teacher with no experience makes from $25,000-$32,000 based
on education.  That's for Fayette County which includes Lexington, KY.

midrange teacher makes about 50,000
I'm not sure what midrange means for a teacher, but with 10 years experience,
teachers here in Fayette County make from $32,800-$40,900 based on education.

while an upper range teacher...makes in the low 60,000's.
The chart I'm looking at ends at 26 years of experience with a Ph.D. and
those make $51,448.

By the way, I am getting my numbers from this chart:
http://www.fayette.k12.ky.us/employment/salsched/teacher.pdf

So, as you can see, it really depends on the area of the country in which you
work.  There is a Toyota plant nearby but their website didn't list any salary
ranges for the engineering jobs that they have.

Engineers in Northern California make substantially more than school teachers.
That fact, on the other hand, doesn't change much from place to place. :)

Ben Roller