 Off-Topic / Geek / 3077
3076  |  3078
Subject:
Internet Explorer help
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.geek
Date:
Fri, 8 Jun 2001 21:54:06 GMT

OK, I'm out of ideas here and was wondering if any of you could help.

I have a problem with Internet Explorer flaking out on me. It usually does
pretty well until I get to a site that uses Java. It will act like it is
looking for the link and loading the page, but will return the "Unable to
contact server" page. From then on every address that I try to go to returns
the same "Unable to contact server" page. The only way to get the
navigational abilities back is to restart the computer.

I am running Win95 and IE 5.5. I reinstalled the Microsoft VM this morning,
but it didn't seem to have an effect.

Any suggestions?

-Duane