 Off-Topic / Fun / 747
Re: IMAP vs MAPI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Wed, 27 Jan 1999 23:38:55 GMT

On Thu, 14 Jan 1999 16:31:58 GMT, Sproaticus <jsproat@geocities.com>
wrote:

IMAP is an e-mail protocol used mainly on UN*X boxes which, among other
things, leaves the e-mail message sitting on the server (as opposed to
downloading a bunch of messages a la POP3.)

Okay, so what server do I need to run on my linux box instead of pop3?
Better yet, what port can I telnet to to test if it isn't already
somewhere in the inetd config :)?

Jasper