 Off-Topic / Fun / 671
Re: Everything I ever wanted to learn about life I learned on Lugnet (was Re: IMAP vs MAPI)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:20:22 GMT

Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
Tom McDonald wrote:
-Tom McD.
(everything I ever wanted to learn about life I learned on Lugnet :)

Hmmm...  Here's a starter:

It's okay to be new.

Don't post off-topic unless it's in an off-topic thread.

Talk often; it creates friendships.

Wash your hands.

Read the FAQ then say please and thank you.

Mention God, profanity, or holey bags only if you have enough
understanding to listen to everyone.

Not everyone has NNTP access.

If you don't understand, ask.  If you don't ask, lurk then.

MIME-types are fine if everyone wants them.

Sharing doesn't necessarily mean bringing enough for everyone.

It's okay to be old.

Anyone want to add anything?

It's okay to be old, unless you're meatloaf.

It's not a bad idea to include a spam-resistant url in every discussion post.

If a woman says no, then you really can't afford to take chances; if she says
no but really means yes, then you might not want to date her after all.

Nostalgia might be overrated, but Town Jr. is not.

You may have to search for the good in everyone as the bad is often more
noticeable.

Take some time to smell the lego.

Sleep is the ultimate in not paying attention, assuming you can.

Heartburn is often found in restaurants with a neon "EAT" sign in the window.

For water to be of most value, it should not be stagnant for very long.

(time to pass the football to someone else...)

-Tom McD.