 Off-Topic / Fun / 672
Re: IMAP vs MAPI
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 14 Jan 1999 19:31:29 GMT

Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
It's actually more complicated than that.  There are several different
Microsoft APIs called "MAPI", some of which are incompatable with the
others.

If you installed Outlook after Paradox, chances are that you have the
right MAPI layer installed.  With that assumption:  if you can send and
receive messages using Outlook but can't send via Paradox, then chances
are it's Paradox's fault.(1)
I installed Pdox after Outlook, as OE came pre-loaded. Do you think I could
reload OE off of the MS site now and have it work automagically? As it is, Pdox
locks up just when I tell objectPal to logon, so I have no way of knowing if
it's even seeing messages.

[...] Paradox has changed hands more times than they've been washed

LOL!  I *love* that line!  I'm going to use it at work.
I do accept money orders for all royalties regarding that line :)

-Tom McD.