 Off-Topic / Fun / 4628
Re: Lloyd Alexander books (was:Re: 2000 catalog page 16)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:47:30 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Shiri Dori writes:
In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeff Stembel writes:

The Prydain Chronicles (The Book of Three, The Black Cauldron, The Castle of
Llyr, Taran Wanderer, and The High King) is one of the best Fantasy series
I've read (especially for a Juvenile/Young Adult fiction series).
Unfortunately, I broke my read-it-once-a-year-cycle, so I need to pick up
some new copies of it.  ;) Other ones I liked include The Foundling and Other
Tales of Prydain, The First Two Lives of Lukas-Kasha, The Vesper Holly series
(Illyrian Adventure) and the book about Fflewder Fflam.  I know I read others
by him, but for the life of me, I can't remember what they were.  :)  I know
I either wanted to read or started The Kestrel, but I don't think I finished
it.  :(  Most of these I read about 8-10 years ago, so your mileage may vary.
:)

Looks like I gotta do some book buying now.  :)

Sounds like I've got a lot of reading to catch up on ;-)

Ya gotta be careful when you ask us fantasy fans what to read, 'cause there is
a lot of good stuff out there, and many of us are bookwyrms.  ;)  We'll flood
you with suggestions.  :)

Well, I've also got a lot of homework to catch up on...

Eeeww...  I hate homework.  :P

Thanks for the suggestion! I still have to finish "Wizard of Earthsea" before
I can start anything else, tho' - it's loaned from my ESL teacher and I have
to get it back, or they'll have my head... ;-)

That's another good series.  :)  I haven't had a chance to read the fourth book
yet, though.  :(

Jeff
ICQ #66153738