 Off-Topic / Fun / 4627
4626  |  4628
Subject:
Earthsea (was Re: Lloyd Alexander books (was:Re: 2000 catalog page 16))
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Tue, 7 Mar 2000 23:40:55 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Erik Olson writes:
Ursula K. LeGuin has returned to Earthsea for the time being (we hope.)
In 1990 she won a Nebula Award for Best Novel Of the Year for writing a fourth
book in the "trilogy", Tehanu.

Then, not long ago, she admitted it still wasn't done, and published the
medium-sized "Dragonfly" (now available in paperback in Bob Silverberg's
Legends series.)

Last October, there was another short story! (In Fantasy & Science Fiction
magazine.)

And, they've been promising another one in 2000.

Woohoo!  Earthsea is one of my favorite series.  LeGuin has a rare talent for
'minimalist' descriptions - very capable of drawing out the essence of
something in very few words.  You know, the sort of skill Robert Jordan could
use... <GD&R>

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/
I'm getting paid for this --> Alladvantage.com
Sign up via me, the reference $$ go to fund Lugnet.