 Off-Topic / Fun / 2784
2783  |  2785
Subject:
Reboot (was Re: The Brain has spoken: (was Re: An evening with Larry Pieniazek.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Thu, 2 Sep 1999 13:22:40 GMT

Reboot is on Cartoon Network up here in the Northwest.  TCI just hooked us up
with the upgrade a couple of weeks ago, added some 20 or so channels.  My kids
were watching Reboot one day and I got hooked.  Reruns just started yesterday,
I assume from the beginning.  Very awesome show !

And I agree with Larry, they sure did a nice job on Enzo's girlfriend.
Tom

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Tom McDonald writes:

And Reboot was just plain awesome! Where did it go? As soon as Megabyte was
about to enter the internet, the show got pulled off ABC :-(  The storylines,
while not always the greatest, though always exciting to watch, were still
okay for kids and at least there was decent character development that wasn't
always the hackneyed "misunderstood/mysterious" superhero personna.

I enjoyed one inside joke on Reboot that 99% of kids wouldn't have caught:
there was some sort of racetrack or game arena with advertising banners on the
walls, one of which was a poster for "Merrimac Monitors". Very clever..

-Tom McD.
when replying, "..it's these cheap Klingon spamcakes.. the time travel drained
them."