 Off-Topic / Fun / 1328
Re: galactica news (Re: Viper)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 17:40:54 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, James Brown writes:
If you ever want to see an amusing account of studios battling it out in
court, the lawsuit that was leveled against BG by SW (or rather, Universal by
20 Century Fox) is a good one - there was about 4 rounds of countersuing,
which reads very much as "Oh yeah?  Well, you stole this!"  "Did not!  You
took that!"  "Did not!" etc. ad naseum.

LOL  I'd love to see that! Did they shoot spit wads too?

Hear hear!  Fans are going to expect BG - centons, feldercarb, noise in space,
and all.  If it's not there, word will spread fast online, and it will flop,
in a spectacular fashion.

Yup. Cylons still need a heavily mechanized voice and bouncing eyeball too. I
thought that was so cool the first time I saw it.

As an aside, I think I'm getting old.  Friends had two reactions to seeing my
Viper model:  "Hey, cool Viper!"  and "Neat.  Um, what is it?"  Way too many
of them were in the second catagory.

Did they also happen to think a daggit was some sort of small personal blade?
:)

-Tom McD.