 Off-Topic / Fun / 1340
Re: galactica news (Re: Viper)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Mon, 12 Apr 1999 21:50:29 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.fun, Jeremy H. Sproat writes:
  <snipped Sw copies Dune examples>

Actually, I think the same arguement (from below) can be made of the Dune/SW
thing - the end products are quite different.  Dune spends a lot of time on
ecosystems & philosophy and other 4 sylable words, where Star Wars is kinda
like a big, futuristic western, complete with unkillable heroes and unskilled
bad guys. ;-)    <sees the SW fan mob approaching, waving torches and shouting
- duck & cover>
Having said that, I'll take the BSG argument here:  while some parts are
extremely similar, the story as a whole is different.  This only supports my

Actually, that's almost verbatim of what the results of the case were.  'quite
different in theme and content' is the paraphrase that sums it up best.

theory that there are no more original stories, and there will be no more
until the next "Sci-Fi" revolution comes around.  Where's Jules Verne when
you need him?  :-,

Dead, I believe.  <sigh>  Maybe some one can convice Tom Stoppard to start
writing SF.

James
http://www.shades-of-night.com/lego/