 Off-Topic / Fun / 1221
Re: Absence.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Fri, 19 Mar 1999 07:15:05 GMT

Mike Timm wrote:

On Thu, 18 Mar 1999 15:40:30 GMT, Beth Reiten <breiten@net-art.de>
wrote:

Modern culture quiz:  Where are all of these quotes from originally?

Artist:   Murry Head
Title "One night in Bangkok"

I'm sorry, I can only give you partial credit for that answer!  The full answer is
(with a couple of dates I've whifted on!):  One Night in Bangkok was first written
for the musical "concept album" Chess, music by Benny Andersson and Bjorn Ulvaeus,
lyrics by Tim Rice.  They released the album in 1985(?), had no response from the
industry, and allowed Murry Head to record a radio-oriented version of the song,
which finally attracted attention from a producing group, which finally got Chess
produced as a fully realized stage musical.  Nice run-on sentence there!  Never
let it be said that the media doesn't drive our culture!
Beth Reiten