 General / 3285
Re: Absence.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Tue, 16 Mar 1999 20:23:32 GMT

richard.dee@nospam.virgin.net (Richard Dee) writes:

When I was last there in '95, it was still my dark ages. I am
anxious to know myself, as I won a couple of tickets there
myself!

I got a mail from a person saying that you could indeed get LEGO in
Thailand, but only in the very large malls and at very steep prices.  So
I'm probably better off buying them back home.

Out of curiosity, where/what will you be going/doing there?

Going in a week's time and spending three weeks.  This will be in the
hot season, so I'm a bit anxious about the heat.

Amazing country. Go to Patpong night market

I've been thinking about it, but my girlfriend is a bit anxious because
of the sex industry, which is supposed to be abundant in the Patpong
district.  Is this a problem when browsing the night market?

We will not be spending much time in Bangkok.  Just one night in Khao
San Rd for a start and then head down to Surat Thani/Ko Pha-Ngan or
Krabi/Rai Lei.  Or both.  Perhaps we'll make a stop in Hua Hin as well,
or perhaps Ko Lanta and Sukhotai?  But we'll probably stay in Thailand
for the whole vacation.  I reckon there is enough to see in this country
for three weeks.  Or three months?

It's probably not like the Shetlands, where we grew bored after only one
week.

(There doesn't seem to be any activity in lugnet.loc.th, so I'm not
crossposting to that group.  This is still on topic in the general
group¹, but let's take it to lugnet.off-topic.fun if it gets off topic.)

Fredrik
__
¹ Check out the first lines!