 General / 3719
Re: Absence.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.general
Date:
Fri, 16 Apr 1999 12:27:07 GMT

"Jesse Long" <LongJR97@hotmail.com> writes:

Fredrik Glöckner wrote in message ...

In Norway we have an idiom which reads "butterflies in the stomach",
and refers to the exitement before some event.
I didn't realize that was a Norwegian expression there, Mr. Chekov.  ;-)

If I had written "sommerfugler i magen", people would probably not have
understood what I meant.  :-)

Anyway, I'm back from three weeks in Thailand and let me say that
Thailand is not the country to do LEGO shopping in.  I only found some
sets in a mall called "Center" off Silom Road, but the prices were very
steep.  They did have Micro Technic sets, though.  The 8218 "Trike
Tourer" was 379 Bath, which is more than two times the daily minimum
wage in Bangkok.

Thailand had lots of other experiences, though, and is a nice country to
go on holiday in.

Fredrik