 Off-Topic / Fun / 10817 (-10)
  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) And after puzzling out that you meant The 5th Element...there was a deep philosphical message? (rhetorical alert) :-) (...) Pardon me, poor choice of words. "...landmark game in its time" is what I meant to say. Wing Commander the game was (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) Some do, but it mostly seems an attempt to apply the Even/Odd rule of ST movies (even=good, odd="my gorge doth rise"). (...) VII would be the cross-over movie, and VIII would be the one with the Geiger-Borg (man, I was peeved when they went (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) I actually liked Mars Attacks, but I thought T5E tried to take itself too seriously, while at the same time trying to be light-hearted...with a deep philosophical message. It's theme is just to muddied and contradictory for me. (...) At what (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) Three Words: Major League II Well actually I didn't see it in the theater. My buddies and I drove all the way to the theater to see it on opening night - and were greatly annoyed to find it completely sold out. I never did see it a the (...) (20 years ago, 26-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) Do Trekkies include Star Trek: The Politically Correct Generation movies in the same numbering sequence? Was that the terrible one with the Shatner, or the not quite so terrible one with the Bore-g (let's not attack the humans because the (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) For me, Mars Attacks suffers from too much Burton, but that's just a function of my elsewhere-articulated non-fondness for the man's directing. Still, I give it props (yo yo yo, check out my mad skills re: hiphop linguistics) for being (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) This is one of those goofy movies that if you take it seriously at all you'll just hate it. It's one of those bad movies that I enjoy. I find Mar Attacks hilarious, but most other people just absolutely despise it. I suppose you had to be a (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) I'm not talking about contradictory plot points, but contradictory themes. It's like watching a comedy series and catching those occassional tear-jerking episodes that make deeply profound statements...but without all of the funny episodes to (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) I'm sick of trying to make sense of the Bricklink Brouhaha - and so what do I do? Talk about things that made me sick. The ones you mention are all awful, but I never actually paid to see them in a theatre. I'd rate at least the first two I (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun, FTX)

  Re: Monday Morning Diversion

(...) Nonsense! Everything was true, especially the contradictory parts, which were also false! RE: Song-and-dance routine: You mean the Diva? Yeah, I don't have much to say about that, except to wonder if she's related to Bib Fortuna. I liked the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.fun)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact