 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 1221 – 1240 of 1284.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Larry Pieniazek writes: I've had to largely pull out of this debate for a couple of weeks owing to quite a bit of urgent work from my publishers suddenly turning up - so I've currently got very little time to post. But (...) (25 years ago, 6-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Latter Day Saints (was:Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color))

(...) You and me both. Digress away. :-, But your typical Mormon-legislated morality comes from overzealous members, not from the church itself. And the majority of the moralizing happens not in Salt Lake Valley, but in Utah Valley, home of BYU. Now (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.236)

  Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)

(...) spend (...) Hold that thought... (...) I'm probably getting in over my head here, as I am not as well-read on this subject as I probably should be, but are the Founding Fathers within your web of trust? Several of them are reputed to be very (...) (25 years ago, 5-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.236)

  Re: Government's role [Was: Re: What happened?]

(...) The *government* decides which contracts it will recognize. It has nothing to do with how you want to behave in private. (...) What about Nudists who want to walk around naked in public? Or Copulatists (I made it up-- people who want to be (...) (25 years ago, 17-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.235)

  Re: What happened?

(...) Was this theory ever put to the test? Or was the verdict decided by a committee of experts? Over here, businesses finance employees' education frequently. Is it different in England? Those businesses must have a strange motive. Coal mining (...) (25 years ago, 16-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.235)

  Re: God and the Devil and forgiveness (was Re: POV-RAY orange color)

Larry Pieniazek <lar@voyager.net> wrote in message news:37CC3897.1147B7...ger.net... (...) People can disagree on the details and still be one true faith, unless you define one true faith as 100% the same across the board, which doesn't happen (...) (25 years ago, 1-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Mike Stanley <cjc@NOSPAMnewsguy.com> wrote (...) Um, Mike, at some point crims have to say "what do I have left to lose", and there had better be something. Otherwise we're going to see a lot more dead cops at the very least. Or you let cops do a (...) (25 years ago, 31-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.235)

  Re: How to decide what art is worth (was Re: Extropianism

Christopher Weeks <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:37C6AA90.8AAC20...pse.net... (...) Here's the million dollar qustion: how can the general public be competent enough to be an adequate judge of movie quality (or of political (...) (25 years ago, 30-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 21:45:18 GMT, Scott Edward Sanburn uttered the following profundities... (...) UK public perception is very much anti-death penalty, due to mistakes, where the wrong person was hanged, and one particular instance when the (...) (25 years ago, 29-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Edward Sanburn writes: Scott Well several people wanted to know why a lot of Europeans don't think much of Americans - so I thought I may as well give my impressions based on discussions I've had with people I know. (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

(...) do (...) Oh yes - much of Europe has awful problems with prejudice. I wouldn't say most people in the UK have a very good impression of Serbs either :) Possibly the difference is - at least in the case of gays - that by and large mainstream (...) (25 years ago, 28-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) <SARCASM MODIFIER="It's catching, isn't it? :-P"> Wow. Good idea. We can give financial aid to the really terrible governments for the people who really suffer. </SARCASM> That's kind of a cool political satire story idea. Let Michael Moore (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.235)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Nor the Swiss, in whose banks he has around, what, $2 billion? But I digress. It's not as if the U.S. claimed the Phillipenes as a colony (1). The Phillipines had their own government, and Marcos didn't need permission from us to do anything. (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.234)

  Re: 22/7 & infinities (was: Re: The nature of the JC god, good or evil?)

(...) I like the note in there about survival of the fittest! IMHO, all of the religions popular today are memes or viruses of the mind which have adapted and evolved to serve the human condition and local political climates. Those religions which (...) (25 years ago, 27-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.234)

  Re: Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

(...) Sorry, but that's what I distilled out. You spent two paragraphs trying to explain Clinton's crime as "he slept around, which is not a crime" and one sentence on the theme below. (...) Granted that what you say is true(1), I'm just confining (...) (25 years ago, 26-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.234)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

(...) I've just seen some very strange answers to this question. Jesse, I think what you've written comes closest to the truth. Eric Kingsley was pretty close to the mark too. Coming from the UK, I think that yes it is true that *in general* many (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.234)

  Misperceptions of America (Was: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep)

Simon (and all Europeans and Americans of similar thinking); (...) Oh, yes, Europeans reactions to the whole Yugoslavia breakup has been stellar, hasn't it? Or is it that Europeans screamed for America to spend our own troops and money on it? Give (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.234)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

(...) ^^^...^^^ (...) Being from Germany originally, I have to wholeheartedly agree that the European 'news' media generally strive to (and succeed at) creating a very poor impression of America. Besides intentional misinformation[1] and genuine (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.234)

  Re: Conversation w/ a LEGO Rep

Simon Robinson <simon@simonrobinson.com> wrote in message news:FH135q.M3B@lugnet.com... (...) (snip) (...) Yeah. Only when it's too late to nip the thing in the bud, then the rest of the world gets draged in kicking and screeming. (snip) (...) (...) (25 years ago, 25-Aug-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 0.234)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) OK, OK, I give in. I'll feel compassion for those people in the US that for reasons beyond their control can't afford to take care of themselves. All 2 of them. That was a flippant remark, but it makes a point. If you want my help, you have to (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 0.233)

More:  Next Page >>