 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: worlds smallest political quiz
 Results 101 – 120 of about 1300.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Impeachment

(...) It's a good logical argument: perjury is of greater significance than lying under oath and is a felony to boot, therefore it is a "high crime" when applied to the president. (I'm not sure I agree with your definition, that it has to be (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Impeachment

Also sprach John Cromer: : I would not say "testimony under oath must be truthful" is a throw-away : issue. It is not, however, in my opinion, the cornerstone that underpins : our legal system. I am convinced that people lie under oath every day in (...) (26 years ago, 31-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.405)

  Re: Impeachment

(...) There is a "perjury standard". The US Code, Title 18, Pt 1, Ch 79, Sec 1621 fully states how perjury is defined. (you can also go (URL) ) (...) With the amount of evidence available, in my opinion, there was sufficient information to find (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.404)

  Re: Impeachment

(...) Cool. Thanks for the site. But it does, to my mind, state clearly that lying under oath is perjury. Period. There's no way around it. So we're back to my original point: it's prosecuted so little in this country that turning it into an (...) (26 years ago, 5-Jan-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.404)

  LUGNET at risk

(...) If his mischief were confined to off-topic.debate I would readily agree. But it is not: (URL) stirred up trouble in a vile and malicious way and maliciously redirected his bile to the wrong newsgroup, repeatedly, despite several people's (...) (23 years ago, 25-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.402)

  Re: e-commerce (was Technic shuttle etc)

(...) True, but one doesn't want to appear like a prude, although I do have long time friends who insist on sending Christmas cards addressed to "Peter Calloway". Arggggg!!! (...) I think there is a very real distinction. Whilst British humour tends (...) (25 years ago, 3-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.400)

  Re: 2000 scans

<sarcasm> yes it just pleases me to no end that shows like 'Dawson's Creek', 'Friends' and 'Beverly Hills 90210' go to other countries. </sarcasm> They're bad enough in this country where we know there is no way someone lives like that, let alone (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.395)

  Re: 2000 scans

(...) If you think about the vast number of television programmes that spew forth from America and pollute the rest of the world.. then it isn't that suprising that people have this opinion. Almost every other idiot on television is an American, (...) (25 years ago, 18-Dec-99, to lugnet.adventurers, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.395)

  Re: Libitarian guff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Long and boring, yet plenty controversial... Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) library, (...) were (...) set (...) that (...) not (...) Why not? Those who can climb out of the "mines" will. Those who can't are a monkey on the world's back (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.392)

  Re: Libertarian stuff (Was: Re: Art Debate Was: [Re: Swearing?])

Richard Franks wrote in message ... (...) of (...) at (...) the (...) rely on (...) Hey man, You don't need to show me that, I have already looked. I try to point out reality to others whenever possible (often to their disdain), and I have shown (...) (25 years ago, 12-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.391)

  Re: Federal Reserve Board - "Know Your Customer" Rule

(...) Hrmmm, not being into the political scene much anymore, I gave www.congress.gov a shot. It brought me to (URL) I've never seen before but seems pretty darn cool. Anyway, from there I decided to look at Legislation in the 106th Congress, and (...) (25 years ago, 12-Apr-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.391)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

Ugh...too much work and not enough Lugnet makes Pete a dull boy. I'm actually enjoying this discussion so forgive me if it appears we're flogging a dead horse. (...) So to draw a longish bow do you believe we should expose kids to absolutely (...) (25 years ago, 31-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.389)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

(...) Agreed. I expect Libertopia to be a GREAT place to start a commune, for example. No pesky laws about how many unmarried people can live in the same place to get in the way (although you may have to find a property not already encumbered with (...) (25 years ago, 3-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

worlds
(score: 1.388)

  Re: VP of lego direct Q&A Transcript

(...) If this is what they're doing, then I believe they're doing a good thing. The original thread of this discussion however had nothing to do with whether or not they are actually doing this. It was about them releasing products to try and (...) (23 years ago, 22-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

smallest
(score: 1.387)

  Re: New Web Page

On Wed, 12 May 1999 00:32:49 GMT, Larry Pieniazek uttered the following profundities... (...) No comments on education. I am not of schooling age, nor have children, or likely to in the near future. (When considering flameage in your replies, (...) (25 years ago, 12-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.385)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Self selected. By the criteria of being able to afford it. To whatever extent it takes. (personally I want star trek stunners too, and I'd put up some VC to get them if I had any) (...) Check yours. The reduction in violent crimes seems mostly (...) (25 years ago, 14-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.385)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

(...) Yeah! Ban political Statements! Jasper (25 years ago, 27-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.385)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Hi. (...) But, the people of the colonies and the people of Britain had different worries. I don't want to get into a historical debate, because I am simply not equipped to do so...I mean I'm ignorant in comparison to you. (unless you're (...) (25 years ago, 17-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.385)

  Re: Genocide and terrorism (Was: SW <-> Russia conspiracy)

(...) I've seen these stated along with calmly well supported chains of logic and the listeners still shake their heads. (...) If you believe it, I'd be interested to hear it. (...) Sure, new blood gets in, but has to work with the system. Who will (...) (25 years ago, 20-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.384)

  Re: Terms and Conditions Question

John, I have to confess I'm rather surprised at what I perceive as a lack of tolerance here, and a little disappointed. (...) I'd agree with this. In some cases there is a predisposition toward a behaviour. This is true in many areas of our (...) (25 years ago, 23-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

political
(score: 1.384)

More:  Next Page >>