 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: bruce half irish
 Results 1541 – 1560 of 1868.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Carryon vs. checked (Re: WTB: 6557 (really, really badly) and 6861

Jasper Janssen wrote in message <36eb9d57.11798658@l...et.com>... (...) from 6% (for vital sources like bread, basic food materials) up to 25% (luxury(!) items, icluding things like home appliances, and so). (...) Packet of 20 goes for 350 000TL, (...) (26 years ago, 15-Mar-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: New Web Page

(...) Am I the only one who likes the SueB? I never got them confused with quarters (but I was in the third grade) and still feel nostalgic when I get them in change at the post office vending machines. (...) And $2s rock too. They must have at (...) (25 years ago, 25-May-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: K, in even simpler terms, for those of us who hate seeing death and killings and such...

(...) apathetic (adjective): lacking interest or energy; unwilling to take action esp. over a matter of importance Perhaps (the collective) you just does not care enough? 32% of my countrymen support an attack on Iraq. I’d bet half of them could not (...) (22 years ago, 8-Oct-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Rush: "Lego is a Tool for 4 year olds"

Lindsay, have you ever been passed up for a job because you were a white male? "Sorry, even though you are the most qualified, and out of work, we hired this Hispanic guy with no experience and a family to support because the government will pay (...) (25 years ago, 2-Feb-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  What Egyptians think of us....

A recent disccussion from my English Teacher's old professor on visiting Egypt... Upon meeting the college-level students at Cario U. he asked them what they thought of the U.S.A... they fuilled the whole 10' by 5' board. He asked if they could (...) (24 years ago, 19-Sep-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Friendships, online acquaintances, etc.

(...) Right, of course, the more time spent together (if things work out), the closer you'll be. (...) Hmm, I agree and disagree altogether. Two weeks ago I would've agreed; but I've just visited my hometown and saw my old friends, who I haven't had (...) (24 years ago, 28-Mar-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Political PR and Other Newsbits

The Fog of War Talk (URL) "That's a good question, as to what constitutes victory," Rumsfeld replied. "Now, what is victory? I say that victory is persuading the American people and the rest of the world that this is not a quick matter that's going (...) (21 years ago, 29-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Today's the day.

(...) I enjoy constructive reasoned debate, sure. (...) Actually, it's the Canadian Reform Conservative Alliance. ie. C.R.C.A. (...) Actually I find the 22minute guy quite funny, including this particular bit. For those who would claim that such an (...) (24 years ago, 27-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Bummer of the Week: LEGO Made in China

(...) I trust the Hitler Channel about as far as I can throw it. ;) This is the same organization that claimed the Goeben and Breslau were battleships, when in fact neither was. They rarely dig far beneath the surface because they have to generalize (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: "MOC" Blacksmith Shop on lego.com

(...) [snip] (...) I think we are/were a long way from that point. At least I hope we are/were ;-) (...) [Same here. I've left in the relevent bits I'm commenting on] (...) I'd invite you to have a look at the parts selection in Slave I. There are (...) (23 years ago, 19-Dec-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Bill O'Lie-ly

(URL) article Bill. Let me point out just a few spins from the 'no spin zone'... " Even countries like Canada are no longer dependable allies. According to a Macleans poll, 38% of Canadians say their attitude toward the USA has worsened since 9/11. (...) (20 years ago, 19-May-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Genetics and SF (was Re: New poll: sexuality and Lugnet

(...) Those, in fact (along with Darwin's Children) were what I was thinking of as well. I just finished Blood Music and I have to say while I found the science very interesting, I sort of didn't like the ending of the story. The whole last half of (...) (20 years ago, 22-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: CFD: e-bay (aka ranting and raving)

<snip> (...) I agree that [eBay's] system has more than a few loose hoses, but designed for the cashflow and glory of the designers and sellers? All the grumbling about eBay doesn't point to very much glory, and the cashflow would be higher if eBay (...) (26 years ago, 10-Feb-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Trying to understand

(...) As a non-smoker, I agree. Yet if a private property owner wants to have only smokers in his establishment, that should be up to him. (...) I think it was from the FDA, not an individual. I hear these things on the radio news while I'm driving (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Response to Misinformation (Some other perspectives on the tragedy)

(...) This is what the Romans did to Israel. So which claim is legitimate then? Israel's or the Palestinians? (...) From the governed, do they not? Either by consent or by conceding. At any rate, the governed allow what becomes. (...) But what would (...) (23 years ago, 15-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Editorial/Opinion bits on Iraq

Soldiers ripe to resist? (URL) PRESIDENT BUSH is busily trying to convince Americans that the war in Iraq is a phenomenal success. Meanwhile, a recent survey conducted by the military newspaper Stars and Stripes found that half of the troops (...) (21 years ago, 21-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: Is space property?

(...) And I think that the removal of forced wealth reallocation, particularly when the wealth was not gained corruptly is unfair. Fixing that problem would "push things in the _direction_ of fairness." (...) There are two issues. One is that the US (...) (24 years ago, 2-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.407)

  Re: If you oppose drug legalization, you support terrorism!

(...) Yeah. After I sent that, I didn't like the way I'd worded it. (...) Sure! So things in general should be set up to motivate people to do good, or not motivate them at all and let their inherent goodness rise to the surface. (...) or (...) (...) (23 years ago, 5-Feb-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: Trying to understand

Duane, I have to nitpick here a little. (...) No, the government is going after money. The smokers are the reason why they have health costs, they should be responsible. They don't give a whit about the children, or people's health, or that money (...) (25 years ago, 16-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

  Re: War

Dave I have provided support for my argument. I have never said that I think 500,000 have died due to sanctions. Never. I disagree with Larry when he says none have died. I think a great deal have, but I have no idea how many. That is my argument. I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

half
(score: 1.406)

More:  Next Page >>