 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 781 – 800 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: malicious behavior

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Timothy Gould wrote: <snip> (...) I couldn't give a rats ass about DMCA, 'fair usage', 'freedom of speech' or '1st ammendment rights' or whatever people are going on about now--it's all obfuscating the actual issue. (...) (18 years ago, 14-Feb-07, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I think that was me. (...) I'll be paying almost $2000 to move in August because I have lots and lots of large things. When I was 19 I moved away from my parents' house - 300 miles for about $20 in gas. Everything I owned fit in my car after (...) (25 years ago, 6-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Rights to free goods? (was Re: What happened?

(...) I hear ya brother Larry. (...) No. Never. But, they should have a RIGHT to earn goods. (...) Others have hashed this one out pretty well, but basically, f@*k him. 35 years is a long time to not sock something away for the future. One of my (...) (25 years ago, 1-Jul-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) Thank you for the link; I'd never even heard of "ENFP" before, so it was all news to me. But at a quick run-through, the test seems problematic. Consider these questions: Q: You want a job or a career that offers you the chance to travel and (...) (22 years ago, 23-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Are we all too nice?

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Todd Lehman writes: [snippage throughout] (...) No. There is no such thing. Eric Kingsley took this completely in the direction of constructive criticism toward creative works. And he's right that the only valuable (...) (24 years ago, 26-Oct-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Dave Schuler writes: <snip> (...) even better quotes from Mr Bush: Speaking Thursday at the G-8 summit in Canada, Bush said the ruling was "out of step with the history and traditions of America," and said it highlighted (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Some, like me. (...) Absolutely. Society has invested oodles and gobs of resources into the adult, while the fetus costs virtually nothing to lose. (...) This is your second use of "objectively." I think you'll find that it means something (...) (24 years ago, 11-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: One nation, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all.

(...) Say again? How can one worship the absence of God? or higher power? Higher Power, God. Semantics here? What then? You did not answer (...) Well, I happen to believe that establishing a religion entails a little more than that, and I think that (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: More from REASON - A Nation of Liars (was Re: Supreme Court Rules Agains State Rights

(...) Nothing. It's not a complicated point at all... we're governed by liars (Clinton "didn't inhale" and Bush "never did it"... right!... I beleive that!), surrounded by liars, are liars ourselves, and it's due to this stupid prohibition, just (...) (19 years ago, 11-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Iraq (was Re: Holy crap! (was Re: The partisian trap)

(...) And we discussed this before--and you added addendums to the idea of "whole people" to not include those that are too young, old, infirm, or mentally unstable. Did you also stop to consider that, in context of the day and age, that "whole (...) (21 years ago, 22-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) Yeah, really. It's hard to imagine how they could possibly know that the sister knows anything useful. I mean, do they have video footage of her seeing her sister do things? Not likely... Also, I believe in the right to remain silent -- to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: UN Gets it Right!

(...) I trust you do not mean that war crimes are constitutional? ;) (...) I'm sure many others would say Bush heading it would also be a "farce". After all, it is Bush's record on human rights which stopped him getting the ICC exemption extended. (...) (20 years ago, 24-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: With Saddam's sons dead, now we just need to bag dad (Baghdad get it?)

(...) Y'know, I cannot recall a single instance before the administration of Shrub where the idea of detaining people in contravention of the most basic of all of our supposedly protected civil rights AND the idea of torturing them was part of every (...) (21 years ago, 24-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Question for the Conservatives out there

"Christopher Weeks" <clweeks@eclipse.net> wrote in message news:HzICys.15Iv@lugnet.com... (...) as if (...) The (...) same (...) I've definitely had some trouble with the origin of rights. They feel inherent, yet it also seems generally accepted (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Don Quixote puts away his lance (was Re: McDonalds set

(...) As with all these little morality puzzles, we don't have enough facts to conclude that. For all we know, Heinz skipped buying health insurance to cover the drug because he wanted to go bowling, or because he needed the money to pay his last (...) (25 years ago, 27-Sep-99, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: War

(...) suffer. (...) only (...) if (...) still (...) Tough. I'd do it. We must be better than that. (...) I agree. I think I was nearly assaulted at work when an argument became heated and when I was called unamerican, I responded that they (the (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Is this an overreaction and a violation of rights?

(...) It is silliness. But it's like The Simpsons silliness--is fun! And if you're not careful about it, you may learn something about yourself :) I'm not all that introverted--I like going to parties and such, but by the end of an evening, I'm (...) (22 years ago, 24-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Liberterian comes through for the Bill of Rights (was a slur

(...) On the grounds that it may well be a flawed bill. I haven't found an article that cites which bill it is so it could be any of these: (from (URL) Bills from the 107th Congress ranked by relevance on"money laundering ". 42 bills containing your (...) (23 years ago, 12-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: Oh wait--Rummy explains all in the 'sound bite' of the year...

(...) We sold them the goods. The goods have a shelf life. What weapons remained and were discovered were certainly no threat to the U.S. (...) Why should I have to repeat discussions that took place here a mere two months back? Do your own (...) (21 years ago, 7-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

  Re: National vote on handguns?

(...) "The Law" by Frederick Bastiat also covers some of this. For the full text of this AMAZINGLY concise and excellent work, see: (URL) I am sorry to go all "Scott Arthur" on y'all, but some of you really should read some of the primary texts (...) (23 years ago, 23-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.015)

More:  Next Page >>