 Off-Topic / Debate / 21093
Re: Oh wait--Rummy explains all in the 'sound bite' of the year...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 20:39:16 GMT

   Oh, really? Then why was the UN sending weapons inspectors into Iraq in the first place? Not much of a memory, Mr Marchetti. They went to verify that weapons were destroyed, not to verify whether they existed or not.

We sold them the goods. The goods have a shelf life. What weapons remained and were discovered were certainly no threat to the U.S.

   Cites? Or are you merely repeating rumor or wishful thinking?

Why should I have to repeat discussions that took place here a mere two months back? Do your own searching.

   That is simply A LIE.

The U.N was not prepared for war except for that reason, and they didn’t buy it. We all know our little war was basically illegal and immoral, so does the rest of the world.

   We didn’t feel too threatened on Sept 10th, 2001 either. We will never know what unspeakable crimes we thwarted by deposing SH.

I have previously shown that the White House itself denied a clear connection between A.Q. and Iraq. Unless you have something new, this is asked and answered ad nauseum.

   And what if we find them. What are you prepared to admit? Nothing, because you are a partisan hack.

The party of “none of the above?” I think I am one of the few people here to routinely cite from so many sources that partisanship should be an impossible atatck. But go ahead -- I know it makes you feel better when you have nothing substantive to express.

I recently cited material from the John Birch Society and notorious Republican John Dean. Get over it...

   Are you kidding me??? You and every partisan liberal would love nothing better than for GWB to come crashing down-- with or without the US in tow. You’d love for the US lead by conservatives to look as bad as possible in this time! Your dishonesty is sad.

Are you kidding? All I want is a decent president that will pay attention to the real needs of the country: the economy, terrorism, and defense of the Constitution. The economy is trashed and the nation is swimming in debt (this Republican president raised the cap on spending by sneaking in even more spending by way of war and occupation expenses). Even many Republicans are beginning to worry that this war has put us in harm’s way. The war solved nothing. At the expense of the taxpayer, Shrub has merely made his pals wealthier and put us all at increased risk of terrorism. Do I have to mention that Shrub’s defense of the Constitution amounts to trashing the Bill of Rights?

Yes, I think we have cause to question the value of this administration.

   Spoken like a true patriot....not.

I vehemently disagree with you, John. Funny thing is, I normally just post cites here and you rarely do anything but complain about how it is all lies.

Tell it to CNN, The New York Times, BBC, Bloomsberg, etc.

-- Hop-Frog