 Off-Topic / Debate / 21086
Re: Oh wait--Rummy explains all in the 'sound bite' of the year...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 01:14:25 GMT

   Look, before the war there wasn’t ANYBODY who doubted that SH had WMD. It was a given; period. There is documented proof that he used them on the Kurds and killed them by the 100,000s for crying out loud! So all of this “where are the WMD” is so disingenuous it’s disgusting. Whether they all have been destroyed by the Iraqis already is entirely moot!

Not much of a memory, have you Mr. Neal? Many here doubted the WMD evidence from the first. We all laughed at Colon Powell’s poor performance before the U.N. (there are even sources that claim he was angry at the doctored evidence he was suppose to present - tsk, tsk). Dr. Arthur, Kooties, and myself (to name the few I am certain of) all questioned the veracity of the claims surrounding the issue of WMD.

We didn’t doubt that the U.S. had previously sold Iraq chemical agents, we doubted that they were still useful in terms of their limited shelf-life.

   The main reason for going into Iraq was TO DEPOSE SADDAM HUSSEIN.

Hate to break it to you, Sugar -- but that makes us international criminals. “Regime Change” was not on the agenda -- WMD was the sole criteria by which the war could be justified to the U.N., the world, and even the American people.

BTW, where is Saddam? I’m so glad he was captured and brought to justice...

   All of this nonsense about finding the WMD is exactly that. The mobile fertilizer (sic) labs were found; that is damning enough.

That is about the least conclusive evidence I can think of -- the world is laughing, and crying, about that assertion on (Polish?) television.

   Partisan hacks calling for GWB’s head on a platter are going to merely shoot themselves in their other foot. But, by all means; fire away.

Shrub made it sound like we were in imminent danger, and it’s becoming clearer that we were not. Deal with it.

Honestly, I am surprised they haven’t fabricated/planted the evidence! Maybe too many eyes are watching.

11 Days from the day the war started I posted this: http://news.lugnet.com/off-topic/debate/?n=20025

Our best intelligence gave us nothing. Now that very intelligence is being demanded by congress for closer scrutiny. If you read the John Dean thing I posted earlier you will note the many declarative statements made by Shrub and and other servants of Satan are sounding more and more hollow as they days pass.

For crying out loud -- where are the WMD?

Try to deal with the world without the fog of your blinkered partisanship.

Even I would prefer to think our president is better than this -- but it’s not looking really good right now. Do you think I want the U.S. to look like a criminal before the world? That’s why I opposed the war in the first place, the evidence was not in and did not seem very trustworthy. The last thing I want is to give people another reason to hate the U.S., terrorism is still very much an issue and this wag the dog story hasn’t helped -- it has perhaps hurt us irrevocably.

I just hope that the people of the world understand that we U.S. citizens are just as much hostage to our leaders stupid decisions as they are hostage to their respective leaders’ stupid decisions. We mere voters are hardly in the “driver’s seat” of political power.

Sadly, the many polls I keep hearing about put me in the minority.

If the world believes the polls, most americans basically don’t care if the war was justified. I think Shrub is relying on that fact.

For the Nth time, I welcome you to the North American Game Preserve -- where the sheep are comfortable and their leaders hungry for empire and oil.

-- Hop-Frog