 Off-Topic / Debate / 21087
21086  |  21088
Subject:
Blood in the Water
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 10:12:47 GMT

Because of the views of some here, I offer a more Republican take on the current scandal...

Warner Seeks Release of Pentagon Iraq Weapons Report (Update1)

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=71000001&refer=top_world_news&sid=ahhj0tigDlcs

June 6 (Bloomberg) -- U.S. Senator John Warner, chairman of the Armed Services Committee, asked the Defense Department to declassify an intelligence report from September 2002 that said there was `no reliable information’’ proving Iraq had chemical weapons.

Pentagon officials said published excerpts from the report, prepared by the Defense Intelligence Agency, were taken out of context.

`I think clarification is in the interest of all,‘’ Warner told reporters in Washington after his committee met privately for three hours with Vice Admiral Lowell Jacoby, head of the Defense Intelligence Agency, and Stephen Cambone, undersecretary of defense for intelligence.

Warner, a Republican, said Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld agreed it was `important’’ to release the full report.

A summary page from the report said, `There is no reliable information on whether Iraq is producing and stockpiling chemical weapons, or whether Iraq has -- or will -- establish its chemical warfare agent production facilities.‘’

From my perspective, there is blood in the water and the sharks have begun their frenzy. All that remains now is to see who the survivors will be.

As a curiousity, I remind the reader that Daddy Bush has actually tried to distance himself from some of the actions of Shrub Jr. -- in particular calling into question his poor diplomacy with long-term allies.

Have the Puppetmasters of Empire decided to devour their young?

-- Hop-Frog