 Off-Topic / Debate / 21088
Re: Whoa whoa whoa!!! You two faced so-'n-so!!!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 17:20:44 GMT

"
US President George W Bush on Thursday said it would take time to find Iraq's
chemical and biological weapons, but he promised to "reveal the truth" about
them.
"

Holy bold faced idiocy, Batman!

"To the UN" says Mr. Blix before Feb, "Searching Iraq for WoMD will take time"

"Hey, we know he has 'em, we know he plans on using 'em soon, and we know where
they are!!" Says Dubya and croonies, "Now git outta that country 'cause we're
taking charge in the name of 'world peace'!  We don't have time to wait!!!"

Flash to today--Dubya says, "it would take time to find Iraq's WoMD"

Here is the key difference, Blix was not sent in to find WMD's, he was sent in
to verify Iraq's declaration of the status of their WMD program. We mistakenly
called his team "inspectors" when they should have been called "verifiers". In
spite of his obvious anti-war bias, he had to reluctantly admit that Iraq did
not comply with the demand for full disclosure. Blix didn't need more time, his
job was complete, he was sent to discover if Husein was going to finally comply
with the UN or keep playing games, Husein chose the later.

Here is what I really don't understand, if no WMD's existed, why did Husein just
comply, why not welcome inspectors with open arms and help them every step of
the way? If he was truely innocent as you imply, why did he never act like an
innocent man? He could have avoided this war, no matter how itchy you believe
GWB was, if Husein had been 100% compliant, or even 75%, more nations than just
France would have been against this action.

If no WMD's are found, and no trace of them beyond those moble weapons labs I
will be baffled. Where are they? The UN unanimously agreed that they existed,
but no proof was given of their destruction, were they destroyed? If so why
didn't Husein produce that evidence? Were they sold or hidden? If so to who? Did
they never exist? If so then why did the UN unanimously approve 1441?

I'm sorry but trying to justify Husein's actions makes my head hurt.

I'd call for his resignation today if I could.

You can, Oudai Husein called for his resignation all the time, lot of good it
did him. At least here in California many are calling for our rotten govenor's
resignation.

Scott C.