 Off-Topic / Debate / 21084
Re: Oh wait--Rummy explains all in the 'sound bite' of the year...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 6 Jun 2003 21:33:52 GMT

   http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/06/06/sprj.irq.wmd.controversy/index.html

“ “We haven’t found Saddam Hussein, and I don’t know anyone who’s running around saying he didn’t exist,” Rumsfeld told reporters Thursday, following a closed-door briefing on Capitol Hill. ”

That’s so true, Rummy! Since there *was* a Saddam, there *must have been* WoMD!

K, I’m convinced...

Look, before the war there wasn’t ANYBODY who doubted that SH had WMD. It was a given; period. There is documented proof that he used them on the Kurds and killed them by the 100,000s for crying out loud! So all of this “where are the WMD” is so disingenuous it’s disgusting. Whether they all have been destroyed by the Iraqis already is entirely moot!

Further, even if WMD had been destroyed prior to the war, why in blue blazes would SH be so coy with weapons inspectors??? It makes absolutely no sense.

The main reason for going into Iraq was TO DEPOSE SADDAM HUSSEIN. He was the threat; it was his sponsorship of terrorism that was the concern. He refused to step down, and so we went in to help him find his way to the border;-)

All of this nonsense about finding the WMD is exactly that. The mobile fertilizer (sic) labs were found; that is damning enough. He lied about having illegal range missiles, he lied about WMD. His overthrough was a monumental breakthrough in the war on terrorism and state sponsorship of terrorism specifically, and a clear message to other tin pot dictators around the world.

Partisan hacks calling for GWB’s head on a platter are going to merely shoot themselves in their other foot. But, by all means; fire away.

JOHN

Well, that’s one way of looking at it. THen there’s that truth, which is entirely a different matter--

“We have to go to war *now* because SH is a clear and imminent threat to the USofA.”

And, if I do recall, that the idea that Saddam had WMD right before the war and “everyone knew” that is absurd--or else all the countries would have been on-side, John. I believe that most of the world wanted the inspectors to have more time to do their job, but, again, it was the US who slammed thru this idea of a war due to the “thousands upon thousands” of pounds of WoMD.

So again, SH was, and if he’s still alive, is a very bad man--there was no disputing that. What you’re failing to realize is that that particular excuse--SH being a very bad man, does not allow the US to flagrantly lie, disregard world policies, and do whatever it damn well pleases.

SH wasn’t sponsoring OBL or AQ, and there was never any demonstrable line showing any relation thereof. So start speaking some truth, man! SH wasn’t terrorizing your buildings, your peoples, your gov’t *at all*, nor could he.

Stop with the partisan clap-trap and deal with the issue at hand--

Dubya lied to the world.

Dubya dragged the ‘coalition of hte willing’ into a war that is going to cost all of us more in the long run--more terrorism, more wasted money, and more lunacy from your leaders.

All the reasons for the war were based on fallacy. Done.

Call for his resignation if you have any sort of moral compass left in you.

Dave K