 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 641 – 660 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: 3 Question (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) What about dolphins which have saved people with probably no real opportunity for bonding? My feeling is that most of what makes us human is not unique to us, but is exhibited to at least some degree by other animals. It is interesting to note (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) "Meat related agricultural..." Seems a little vague to me, but I think I understand what you are getting at from the rest of the thread. You'll also have to bear with me since I am at work and am unwilling to go to either site while at work. (...) (23 years ago, 9-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) He'd tell you that you actualised your desire and voila, a bus. Or something like that. Warning, be very careful discussing this particular, ahem, well, whatever it is they are. I hear they have some majorly powerful lawyers and I'd rather (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) I think there's a real difference between burning down a supposedly empty building (the reports I've read weren't "empty" buildings, and destroyed not just the potentially abusive research, but also research which did not use animals) and (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Interestingly (or maybe not--you tell me), something analogous happened to me a few years ago during a one-on-one meeting with a Scientology "Advocate" (or whatever their brainwashers are called). Eventually I got sick of the crazy rhetoric (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) You assume too much. I did that already, or something close to it. Didn't like the quality of sites I found, and thought I'd just (without any aspersions being cast, which is why I just asked outright instead of prefacing it with "I already (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) For the love of heaven, must we start a new thread as to define what a fact is? How about diatribe? Were there not enough facts given at these sites? The answers to your questions are often not right in front of you. Seek well and learn well. (...) (23 years ago, 8-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Gay Marriage

I have to admit, being a Massachusetts-ite, this subject line piqued my interest. Pardon while I crash the party... (...) Doesn't it though? I think Larry quoted the rights quite accurately. But you can get more specific than that if you're (...) (20 years ago, 18-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Yet another push for thoughtful legislation from Tennessee

(...) My "hypothetical" specifically discounted governmental action, which I think we'd all agree needs to affirm and protect the rights of all. JOHN (21 years ago, 18-Mar-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Screw Abstinence?

(...) But our government supports a system of protecting the rights of its citizens-- the real debate isn't whose choice it is, but rather whether or not the fetus has rights which need protecting by the government. Obviously, 1 second after birth (...) (19 years ago, 6-Oct-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Libertarian Propaganda

(...) I mean dominating other nations through unethical trading practicing or harsh sanctions or expoitating human labor and natural resources of other nations. There's no morality in using force to "defend" our greedy business ventures and economic (...) (23 years ago, 14-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Rights, Who needs them? (was Re: Abortion...

So you accept all the other points I rasied then? And what about all those you snipped in you last reply to me? You are squirming Larry. Scott A (...) (24 years ago, 13-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.021)

  Re: Validity testing (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) For the sake of staying within what I consider dubious givens, I would say that it was impossible for you to acquire ownership of sentient (the real meaning, not your vernacular one) beings (cows) without excercising some kind of 'might makes (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

  Re: 3 Question (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

I'm responding to various layers here...not just Frank. (...) hits. (...) It seems that your observation of an animal acting on what I think could be explained through instinct and self-interest has lead you to assign morality. I'm not convinced. (...) (23 years ago, 3-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

  Re: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?)

(...) Gasp! You've read the super-secret extra-litigation copyrighted Operating Thetan documents? Don't you know that you can't properly appreciate those until you've been Declared Clear? You'd better take back that Undeserved and Inaccurate (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

  Ownership (was: Lobster Bisque (was: Did animals have rights before we invented rights?))

(...) I've been having a crisis of faith over the past several months and tried to bring it up unsuccessfully once before, but this ties into it. To get to the point, I'm having trouble justifying ownership. The entire notion of ownership actually. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

  Re: Newsbits: CA Recall

(...) Well-said. This country was built on immigration--I'm second-generation American myself. Legal immigration should be cheap, if not easy (we value dearly what we acquired dearly). Immigration should be for the purpose of becoming an American (...) (21 years ago, 15-Aug-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

  Re: Eh, what's a few dollars amongst friends...

(...) The two ideas are not really related. An informed citizenry does not automatically follow just because of the mere existence of civil rights. The existence of civil rights should help one be an informed citizen, but it is in no way a political (...) (21 years ago, 15-Sep-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

  Re: censoring

(...) That is why I said *may* Dan. Did you read it all? ==+== However, the move by the Pentagon simply to resort to buying exclusive rights to all the Ikonos pictures could be something of a canny move. Had it just used its legal powers of shutter (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

  Re: Not at all a pact with the devil...

Larry Pieniazek <lpieniazek@mercator.com> wrote in message news:G7KAE9.MFt@lugnet.com... (...) I didn't (and don't) dispute your rights. (...) a (...) his (...) I don't accept that at all. Anyone who wants to express their opinion in a public forum (...) (24 years ago, 23-Jan-01, to lugnet.admin.general, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.020)

More:  Next Page >>