 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 381 – 400 of about 12000.
Search took 0.02 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Scott Costello writes: <snip> (...) Who is the average person? How do you know his or her standard of living is still really good compared to other nations? Cheers Richie (21 years ago, 4-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.901)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) Yes. Australians appear to be similar. (...) Absolutely. A good average standard of living is not necessarily an indicator that the average person has a good standard of living. I always wonder why people who would never favour dividing the (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.901)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) I am generally not a big fan of throwing out unsubstanciated numbers to back up a point, but I believe the last numbers I saw showed that the top 10% of wage earners in the US started at $75,000 a year. I also saw a survey that showed that 90% (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.901)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) <snip> (...) But you didn't make a claim that "the percentage of people in this country without a roof over their heads, electricity, and running water is much higher than in most places" in your earlier post. You claimed that "[the] standard (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.901)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) Welcome to Globalisation! It’s a pity that the market is governed by price & not ethics… (...) ... and millions go without healthcare. I understand that the Cuban system may be better than that offered to some in the USA? (...) Sure, they can (...) (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.901)

  Re: Property Rights are the foundation of freedom

(...) I agree. What matters is how happy we are. There is no point in sidelining our friends & family just to "conform". Scott A (21 years ago, 5-May-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.901)

  Re: Break Out the Cristal (trickle-down economics explained with champagne!)

(...) Thanks for trying to clear this up. Use potential, use probability, whatever you like... what I was trying to convey was the likeliehood that a system of government will be able to continue to deliver (1) higher quality of life, higher (...) (22 years ago, 28-Mar-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.901)

  Re: Separation of Church and State

(...) Absolutely! And if someone tries to prevent those people from praying, I'll be first in line to defend their right to pray as they choose. The right to worship is Constitutionally protected, even on school property (provided that it's not done (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jun-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.873)

  Re: Tony Martin case: You can't {make up} better criticism of Liberals!

(...) That's where I believe you're making an unsubstantiated leap. Even within the bounds of this discussion, you appear unwilling to consider any response other than "kill the intruder/it's his own fault" when other options truly are available to (...) (21 years ago, 25-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.857)

  Re: Art? or Theft? or just signs that NPR is damaged.

(...) I can't comment on Mr. Schlkbrnd's patronage, but I think you've otherwise made your strongest point. If she's making a profit at HD's expense, then HD is within its rights to try to recoup its share of that profit (and that's in addition to (...) (21 years ago, 13-Oct-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.828)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) I guess it depends on who you think gets to interpret the constitution and define our rights. The Supreme Court has at least sometimes supported the understanding that Larry and I share (I think), that the 9th is an umbrella for all rights (...) (20 years ago, 2-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.791)

  Re: Not Saving Private Ryan.

(...) Yeah. I cried too. I suddendly realized I was the same species as those butchers who sent men get butchered there that day. Both sides. If Europe and N. America had solved the problem with diplomacy BEFORE it got out of hand, none of this (...) (20 years ago, 4-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.783)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) It is necessary to distinguish between "scientific proof" and "literal proof" in this context. Scientific proof is established when all observable data are consistent with theory and prediction. Literal proof is established only when something (...) (20 years ago, 23-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 2.774)

  Re: 40 Reasons to support Gun Control.

"David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:I2An93.779@lugnet.com... (...) up--I (...) believe (...) Which side is "the dark side" in your estimation? I don't see gun ownership "giving up". I see it as a realistic approach to self (...) (20 years ago, 16-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 2.751)

  Re: Bad day for individual rights

(...) I don't have an opinion on the second ruling -- it seems OK (without reading the laws in question), but I do disagree with the first. In 1906, in _Hale v. Henkel_, the court wrote: "The individual...owes no such duty [to submit his books and (...) (20 years ago, 21-Jun-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.739)

  Re: polygyny in "biblical times"

(...) But there IS a humane way. Help societies to move away from subsistence agriculture (and the modern sweatshop equivalent) by introducing the rule of law, property rights, and fostering the growth of free enterprise. This reduces the incentive (...) (20 years ago, 20-Jul-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.729)

  Re: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution

(...) Prior to 1965, the 9th Amendment was not used to restrict the states from excercising their 10th Amendment rights. At that point, it was used to safeguard the privacy of one's home, but subsequent citations of the 9th Amendment have shown that (...) (20 years ago, 3-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.719)

  Re: Lavender Brick Society

(...) Since that happened well before the civil rights movement, the only applicable legality that I can think of is the 5th Amendment (nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law), but I believe they were classified as (...) (20 years ago, 21-Sep-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

rights, property
(score: 2.702)

  Re: Victories for smokefree ballot initiatives

(...) Where? You have no right to breathe ANY air (clean OR dirty) when on my property, unless I grant it. And conversely I have no right to emit smoke on your property, unless you grant it. Therefore when you're on my property, you will breathe the (...) (20 years ago, 10-Nov-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

rights, property
(score: 2.685)

  Fixing the world (was Re: Ldraw cannon

<F3KMny.FDD@lugnet.com> <F3Lxqn.GrG@lugnet.com> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit "Moz (Chris Moseley)" wrote: Deliberately inflammatory reply by me follows.. (...) That's claptrap. Normal people are (...) (26 years ago, 7-Dec-98, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, property
(score: 2.657)

More:  Next Page >>