 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 3281 – 3300 of about 12000.
Search took 0.03 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops-

(...) If you mean I'm not brown-nosing Larry: you are correct! However, read my posts; you'll see that all I'm doing is urging for some realism. I'm not suggesting Larry be banned for life or anything silly like that. Nor am I suggesting that Dan is (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Why? What is so wrong with trying to convince Dan that the action was overblown? If we all gave up an just took what was given to us, that wouldn't say much for us. -- Tom Stangl *(URL) Visual FAQ home *(URL) Visual FAQ Home (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Larry didn't break any rule spelled out in the TOS. That's the problem. He broke an "unwritten rule" and when he tried to fix the problem, he found that he was still breaking some "unwritten rule". When one enters into such an agreement (like (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

"Mark P" <mark@landofbricks.com> wrote in message news:I2vxt7.q1p@lugnet.com... (...) I have a real problem with businesses that like to lay down the law without providing a reasonable explanation as to why. A while back I had an issue with my ISP (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Although you disclaim honestly that your position is difficult to justify logically, your subsequent statement is still argument by assertion. Let me ask for a little clarification: What do you mean by "all things being equal" in this context? (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Mormon bashing again

(...) Susan has that answer. (...) On a kibbutz, everything is community property, you personally own nothing. On a Moshav, you cooperate to produce a product/products, and the profit is divided to do with what you will. -John (...) (25 years ago, 13-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

property
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Atheism (was: Santorum Fails In His Effort To Pervert The Constitution)

hello! (...) Great! In this case I come up with another provocative thesis: If there was no God that gave Life™ this life wouldn't have any value at all. In that case life was just matter that accidentally interachts in a way predetermined by laws (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) Hear is the $64,000 question for me: All things being equal, is it more desirable for a child to have both a mother and a father to raise them, and if so, why? I happen to believe it is better, though articulating that belief is difficult to (...) (20 years ago, 21-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Given the vast number of sellers who do just that (especially in terms of S&H/insurance surcharges), without getting into trouble over it, I'm guessing from that that it's okay to say "If you buy X, you must also buy Y", but that it's not okay (...) (20 years ago, 25-Aug-04, to lugnet.market.brickshops, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) I think you're probably speaking more generally here anyhow, but I haven't really got anything special to say. (...) I just got back from my doctor's appointment and a grad class. Right now all I can think about is how I'd like a world with no (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops.

(...) I would say that it would be more productive to ask Dan to state his side of the story, rather than try to convince everyone else to shut up. The only way we will get Dan's side of the story is if *Dan speaks up*. If he does not, BL's (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  (canceled)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) -snip- (...) Well, I don't think its fair you make it seem thats where he stopped. He did change the wording, as requested to what he felt was within the ToS. I know that fact is not in question, but I think its only fair to put up all of his (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: Preaching to the Choir

(...) I think that either combinations are evenly good if the parents are loving and caring. Their sex/color/origin/color of hair/toothpaste they use is irrelevant and not important IMO. I'll grant you that diversity is better, but since we are all (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Clarification? Fair enough. I'm referring specifically to Item 8 of the TOS, which states outright that he can terminate access at any time without notice. That's the criterion I'm using, and, as it's written, it contractually grants Dan the (...) (20 years ago, 24-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Oh, I totally agree-- I just don't think Dan tried as hard as he should have in this case. (...) Nobody, really. If Dan thinks the "right way" is to ban everyone whose name gets drawn out of a hat, who's to say that's the "wrong way"? I think (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) Uhhh... has anyone in an official position actually said the revised wording has ceased to be a ToS violation ? IMHO (and IANAL) any attempt to keep a lot active, but not purchaseable, runs afoul of the ToS from two directions... 1) There is a (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) But do you agree that the statment "The customer is always right" is a good theme to strive for, but not law? Anybody (IMHO) that thinks that that statment is true must have never worked with customers IRL. (...) Who is to say what the right (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) If he doesn't explain himself and continues to run his business (1) like a crazed dictator than other users may worry that continued investment in BrickLink is not going to yeild returns. Examples - I've been pondering re-opening my Bricklink (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all
(score: 0.327)

  Re: suspended Bricklink shops

(...) I am not sure, but I haven't seen anything from Lar saying that he is mad or thinks he was treated unjust. If he has, I'll have to rethink my position (...) I agree, he was rightfully banned, no argueing there. But on the other hand, the rules (...) (20 years ago, 23-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops)

all
(score: 0.327)

More:  Next Page >>