 Off-Topic / Debate / 25461
Re: suspended Bricklink shops
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate, lugnet.market.brickshops
Date:
Tue, 24 Aug 2004 01:36:39 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Suzanne Rich Green wrote:

You said it yourself, Lar's name carries more weight in that post.
That known, if those two don't kiss and make up in front of everyone, soon, BL
has more to loose than Lar does. Lar will go somewhere else or encourage a new
service site. BL will have gotten negative PR, and informed the general public
that it's unwilling to adapt with the times.

I'm sorry, but this strikes me as a direct affront to the whole point of an
online market facilitator like Bricklink.  You seem to be suggesting that anyone
with sufficient name-recognition can, with impunity, dictate terms to his
service provider.

I think you're probably speaking more generally here anyhow, but I haven't
really got anything special to say.

Is that the kind of world you want to live in?

I just got back from my doctor's appointment and a grad class. Right now all I
can think about is how I'd like a world with no epilepsy.

I can't even keep reading.

If you haven't cancelled your post already, then I'd advise against it.  The
ensuing debate has arisen as much from your comments as from the original issue,
so the subject is apparently ripe for discussion.

I'm glad for discussion. I hope it'll be done in a peaceful, productive and
non-incident-specific way.

-Suz