 Off-Topic / Debate / Search Results: all rights are property rights
 Results 1061 – 1080 of about 12000.
Search took 0.01 CPU seconds.

Messages:  Full | Brief | Compact

  Re: TJ acknowledged a Creator in DoI (was: Re: Those stupid liberal judges are at it again!

(...) What exactly do you mean by that? That all of *yours* are indeed *fact*? The FACT is that the POA stands-- defending it one way or the other is opinion. But I am willing to drop the whole issue until it is decided by the SC. But I know that if (...) (22 years ago, 14-Sep-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: How to conduct an interview and not actually listen

(...) _Ender's Game_ isn't intended as (nor does it come off as) comedy. You'd have to actually read the book(1) to see why the premise of child warriors, in context, isn't nutty at all. The author does a pretty good job of setting the stage for why (...) (23 years ago, 20-Aug-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Value of NATO?

(...) If that attack is in self-defence as result of illegal attacks launched from US bases inside Turkey, then I don't see why they should? If the attack is an unprovoked attack by Iraq, then a NATO level response is justified. I expect the chances (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jan-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Responsible Hunting (was Re: We are what we eat. Or is that "whom we eat?")

(...) Handled below... (...) That's assuming deer HAVE that complex of a longterm memory (as opposed to spacial memory maps of the best places to eat, and instinct for a certain breeding grounds they've never been to before). (...) Nope - that can (...) (24 years ago, 5-Aug-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Waco (time for a Subject change already)

(...) Yes, you've shown yourself to be the polar opposite of someone else in this forum, and I can't understand why you're not debating HIM. To you, it's "all hail the gubmint, which can do no wrong" or "if it's a law, it must be right". The both of (...) (23 years ago, 18-Jun-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: One of my issues (Warning: even wordier than usual)

(...) For the record, I also think of this as a deeply romanticized notion of what I'm experiencing...not some literal description. (...) I certainly agree with this and your further characterization of our social nature and how that leads to an (...) (23 years ago, 19-Nov-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: How many things need to stack up before we throw this jerk out?

(...) Uh-huh. You have a link for that, John? I thought not...There is no proof to support any such allegations. That lack of proof is the very issue under discussion. The president spoke in terms of dead certainties and has come up empty-handed. (...) (21 years ago, 10-Jul-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: I think I'm going to puke....

(...) This may be an unintentional misstatement of the facts. My impression is that an all-out ban on stem-cell research would receive massive support from the Right, but the Right realizes that it's a game of inches. First, ban government funding (...) (19 years ago, 13-Jun-05, to lugnet.off-topic.debate, FTX)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Abortion, consistent with the LP stance? (Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Perhaps I didn't phrase my sentiments clearly. Perhaps I should have said that some actions are inherently just and some are inherently unjust. I believe that Justice is the embodiment of certain moral principles that are objectively true, and (...) (24 years ago, 12-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Freedom from information

(...) In the interest of full disclosure, I must admit that I haven't listened to him at all for several years, except for an occasional snippet while I'm driving. When I did listen, he played at least as fast-and-loose with facts as Moore does, and (...) (22 years ago, 27-Feb-03, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: A question of remembrance...

(...) Okay, let's assume this is true. It probably is. My question is: so what? Who comes to the table with clean hands? When it comes time to talk of peace there is usually blood on all sides. No side is innocent. No side is able to speak from a (...) (23 years ago, 30-Apr-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  The New Kobayashi Maru Test

Many of you may be familiar with the no-win scenario Starfleet Command test called the Kobayashi Maru rescue simulation. The purpose of this test, since the simulation ends in disaster in all cases, is to ascertain the nature and character of the (...) (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Does God have a monopoly on gods?

(...) Unfortuanately Unitarian Universalism can't be pinned down. One interpretation of Universalism is that everyone gets into heaven, no matter how good or bad they are. This doesn't seem a useful interpretation to me. Many Unitarian Universalists (...) (25 years ago, 8-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: jumping to conclusions

(...) They have a rock to move and no lever. There are lands that they believe are by rights theirs that the state of Israel has occupied for a long time. They want an Israeli withdrawl. They've tried many things including appeal to the world (...) (22 years ago, 5-May-02, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Trying to understand

(...) The reason for opposition of gun registry comes down to what the purpose of the 2nd amendment is presumed to be, that of assuring that the populace can be armed as a defence against an out of control government (an understanding which I agree (...) (25 years ago, 15-Mar-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: Who oversees the rec.toys.LEGO newsgroup?

Wow, hasn't taken long for this hot potato to bounce out of the oven again. No sense in missing out on all the fun of the discussion, so here's my two minifigs worth (Star Wars, ofcourse!) (...) I'm with you there. Far too many arguments have got (...) (25 years ago, 24-Jan-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: What's actually the task of the moderators on BrickShelf?

"Johannes 'Jojo' Koehler" <chutspe@gmx.net> wrote in message news:I2psB6.I3w@lugnet.com... (...) because (...) How does collecting dishes hurt society? People collect all kinds of things used by famous figures in history. Their fascination is more (...) (20 years ago, 20-Aug-04, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: From Harry Browne

(...) Thanks! I agree. It *is* very charitable. (...) So am I. And I think my contributions, allocated by me, are more effective than yours, allocated by bureaucrats. (...) I suspect a typo, I think you meant to say "just not convinced"... because (...) (24 years ago, 8-Nov-00, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: What is spam? (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment

(...) A good question. If it is publically avaible it could include all 3. But I see your point. But lets leave the marginal side of kiddy porn aside for now. (...) My view would be that individuals who use this material may need help in some way. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

  Re: What is spam? (was Re: Scary Survey results about the US First Amendment

(...) A good question. If it is publically avaible it could include all 3. But I see your point. But lets leave the marginal side of kiddy porn aside for now. (...) My view would be that individuals who use this material may need help in some way. (...) (23 years ago, 12-Jul-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

all, rights
(score: 3.013)

More:  Next Page >>