 Off-Topic / Debate / 8475
  Re: My Gun Control Rant

That's certainly your choice. But don't try to tell others not to own them. If they aren't hurting you by owning them, it's none of your business whether they own any or not. (...) -- | Tom Stangl, Technical Support Netscape Communications Corp | (...) (24 years ago, 5-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) I'm _not_ telling you _not_ to own a gun. Nor is the Canadian Government. What it _is_ telling you is that you _have_ to register the ownership of the gun, which is no more onious than registering the ownership of your car- you can chose not (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

Um, I was replying to Scott, if you didn't notice. Scott seems to have the attitude of "screw the minorities" - everything's fine with him, because he's in the majority in the UK. And he seems to think that if he DOES end up in the minority, he can (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Fair enough - I agree that it is similar to car registration and whether or not one agrees with car registration is rather irrelevant in the sense that car registration is a relatively old law and the fact that you DO have to register your (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) My thoughts 100%. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Not on every issue. (...) That is all part of democracy Tom. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Why not? They have no place in society. (...) They are not hurting me as I do not live in that sort of culture. If I did, I expect they would "hurt" me in some small way. Scott A (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Uhh....I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one Scott.....a democracy is the government representing the MAJORITY.....not the MINORITY. (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) I'd argue is has to represent both the minority & the majority. Scott A (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Ideally everyone would be happy - however that would mean that there IS no minority because if both were represented all of our interests would be the. Since that isn't the case a democratic government is in place to represent the majority - (...) (23 years ago, 6-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) The valid justification is this: The government eventually wants a completely disarmed populace. If they tried to pass laws that just forbid all guns in Canada, they would be strung up in the streets. So they just want to record where all guns (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) _I_ think you are full of the same stuff that farmers spread over fields, if they own cows. :) :). At least, as far as this issue goes. Will this register do anything to stop criminal activity? Yes, it will. Will it do what $300 million worth (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) I would have brought this up at some point in my debate but it opens up a whole uncharted can-o-worms along with it.....but I do appreciate you willing to dive in :) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: My Gun Control Rant

(...) Sorry if you mentioned in an earlier post but could you clarify your theory as to how? (...) Although I don't exactly believe that that there isn't at least _some_ motive to eventually get rid of ALL weapons I agree that military and handgun (...) (23 years ago, 7-Jan-01, to lugnet.off-topic.debate)