 Off-Topic / Debate / 8477
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 01:54:37 GMT

Tom Stangl writes:
That's certainly your choice.  But don't try to tell others not to own them.
If they aren't hurting you by owning them, it's none of your business whether
they own any or not.

I'm _not_ telling you _not_ to own a gun.  Nor is the Canadian Government.
What it _is_ telling you is that you _have_ to register the ownership of the
gun, which is no more onious than registering the ownership of your car- you
can chose not to have a car too.

and, if you think that you don't have to register a car if you don't drive it,
you are right, but you still have to register the transfer of ownership...same
as here. I'm not too happy with some provisions of the law, but hey...it is the
law.  If gun owners wish to change the law, elect a government which will do so
(they failed, therefore it is the law...until overturned).

I think it is a stupid law, but will comply with it (I should get a possession
license, but haven't-the military qual I have is enough for a possession only
license)

Remember, we have Peace, Liberty and GOOD GOVERNMENT :)

James