 Off-Topic / Debate / 8476
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:49:19 GMT

Scott A wrote:

I see no need to own a gun. I see no need to own 2 guns. I see no need to
own 3 guns. Sure, guns may look good in the movies - but I can live without
them.

Scott A

Well that's great for YOU....but many other people have several reasons
to own guns - hunting, target shooting, collections for the sake of
collection, and for some, personal protection.

Although I hate to presume I'm guessing that you live in an urban or
sub-urban type area where neither you or anybody else has any interest
in guns or the sports associated with them.

For that reason, the biggest exposure you've had to them is in the
movies.  Like 95% of everything in the movies, if we base our opinions
and attitudes on them we're standing on some pretty unrealistic ground
and have a very skewed vision of guns.

I also don't understand the reason behind your above statements - I
could say the same thing about any recreational type item that you may
own.....I could say "I see no reason to own a TV, 2 TVs, or any number
of TVs....I can live without TV" - Of course!  Anyone can live without
TV but most persons in developed countries enjoy the entertainment value
of the TV.

--
-TiM
NB, CA