 Off-Topic / Debate / 8475
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Fri, 5 Jan 2001 20:22:03 GMT

That's certainly your choice.  But don't try to tell others not to own them.
If they aren't hurting you by owning them, it's none of your business whether
they own any or not.

Scott A wrote:

I see no need to own a gun. I see no need to own 2 guns. I see no need to
own 3 guns. Sure, guns may look good in the movies - but I can live without
them.

Scott A

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:
Well...as of a couple days ago if you own guns and live in Canada and
didn't apply for a liscence (for the guns you already own of course) you
are now a criminal subject to fines or jail time.  In 2 years if you are
still a law-abiding citizen and you haven't registered each and every
firearm that you own then you own prohibited property in Canada.

Anyone with the least bit of sense who has seriously thought about this
law realizes that it is useless in all aspects and will do absolutely
nothing AT ALL towards it's official mandate - to reduce crimes commited
with firearms.

Since when is a criminal going to register his/her gun?  What is the
weapon of choice in almost ALL crimes involving firearms?  A 30-30
hunting rifle?  A .22 single shot?  No, obviously not.  Most crimes are
committed with handguns, and in order to legally own a handgun in Canada
it must be registered anyway - this has been the case for many years.

Gun control - coming soon to a country near you!