 Off-Topic / Debate / 8497
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sat, 6 Jan 2001 22:30:58 GMT

Scott A wrote:

Uhh....I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you on that one
Scott.....a democracy is the government representing the
MAJORITY.....not the MINORITY.

I'd argue is has to represent both the minority & the majority.

Ideally everyone would be happy - however that would mean that there IS
no minority because if both were represented all of our interests would
be the.  Since that isn't the case a democratic government is in place
to represent the majority - which should translate to most people being
happy.

--
-TiM
NB, CA