 Off-Topic / Debate / 8505
Re: My Gun Control Rant
Newsgroups:
lugnet.off-topic.debate
Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2001 18:18:16 GMT

In lugnet.off-topic.debate, Tim Culberson writes:

Show me a
valid justification for gun registration and maybe I'll calm down a bit.

The valid justification is this:

The government eventually wants a completely disarmed populace.  If they tried
to pass laws that just forbid all guns in Canada, they would be strung up in
the streets.  So they just want to record where all guns are so that when they
go to 'pacify' an area, they will know which houses to pay special attention
to.

I think that there is a moral imperative to own unregistered firearms so that
when you think it's time to join the revolution, you'll be prepared.  (But if
that time never comes, then you're luckier.)

My $.02

Chris